Growing for Gold - April 2021
- Saturday 10th April - Sunday 25th April (10:00am to 11:00am)
- Community, Fitness, Fun and Entertainment, Health, Kids and Family, Sports, School Holidays
- Families, Youth, Community Organisations, Children
Growing for Gold provides young people aged 3-16 with the opportunity to have a go at new sport and recreation activities in a safe environment with the support of local sporting clubs.
It is an all-inclusive program, suitable for all skill levels and abilities. We encourage you to come out and have a go!
All club sessions are fully supervised by a representative of the host sporting club and sessions are designed to introduce young people to a wide range of different sport and recreation opportunities with a focus on:
- Being inclusive to all young people
- Free, there is no cost to participants
- Having fun and celebrating individual successes
The program is designed to encourage young people to try different activities and take the next step by joining a sporting club of their choice so they can continue to have fun after the program ends.
All registered participants receive a certificate of participation. And any young person who goes onto join a participating club within a set period of Growing for Gold ending will be awarded a gold certificate. The certificate will incorporate a $40 SportsPower Parabanks voucher to assist purchase any apparel, shows or equipment that can assist in starting their chosen sport.
Growing for Gold is brought to you by the Cities of Playford, Port Adelaide Enfield and Salisbury
All Growing for Gold sessions will be held in accordance with SA Health directions and have a COVID Safe Plans in place. COVID Marshalls will be in attendance.
Please note, if COVID-19 restrictions change this event may not proceed.
When is Growing for Gold?
Saturday, 10 April to Sunday, 26 April.
Registration is open from Friday, 19 March and closes on Friday, 9 April.
You can register at growingforgold.com.au..
What sports are available?
A variety of sport and recreation activities are available in 2021. From athletics, rugby, soccer, gymnastics, Australian rules football and tennis to just name a few! Go to growingforgold.com.au for the full list of sport and recreation activities and to view the schedule.
Club registrations now open
- Sat24JulSTEAM Hub: Robotics 103
Unlock Arduino Coding in this advanced session of Robotics 103 for ages 10+ years to adults.
- Sat 24th Jul at 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Stretton Centre Library
- See Pricing
- Business, Men, Women, Youth, Community Organisations
- Thu29JulEnglish for Work and Study- John McVeity Centre Enrolment Session
Providing skills in basic reading, writing and comprehension of workplace tasks including following instructions, completing forms, basic resumes, cover letters and applications. Perfect for those who have lower literacy skills and are currently looking for work.
- Thu 29th Jul at 9:30am - 11:30am
- John McVeity Centre
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, Men, Women, Youth, Community Organisations, People with a disability, Job seekers