Grants and Funding
The City of Playford Community Development Grants Program offers financial support to non-profit community organisations, groups and associations for projects, events, exhibitions or performances that contribute to making Playford a vibrant and stimulating place for people to live, work and play.
Grants are also offered to City of Playford residents for outstanding achievement in their chosen field of endeavour, as well as to young people who find cost a barrier to participating in organised sport to encourage sport and social recreation.
Quick Turnaround Community Wellbeing Grants
The Quick Turnaround Community Wellbeing Grants program will provide up to $1,000 for projects that directly respond to the impacts of Covid-19. All applicant organisations must be open and inclusive, actively engaged in community activity, and be significantly comprised of people who live, work or volunteer in the City of Playford.
These are rolling grants that are open for application until 5pm 30 June 2020 or until the budget has been fully expended. Projects will need to completed by 31 December 2020.
We will fund community projects that:
- Deliver, practical, creative and innovative solutions to emerging challenges in the community
- Are capacity building activities that provide whole-of-community benefit
- Are feasible, achievable and ready to begin quickly
- Strengthen the diverse communities of the City of Playford
- Can be delivered within Covid-19 State guidelines
Community Development and Event Grants
Community development and event grants offer financial support to non-profit community organisations, local groups and associations for proposals that:
- Activate community spaces
- Deliver innovative, creative or new opportunities for the Playford community to become involved in their local community
- Encourage and support Arts, Cultural Development, physical activity, health and wellbeing
- Demonstrate collaboration between organisations and the local community and maximise community benefit
- Develop and initiate locally based events, exhibitions and/or performances open to the whole community, which make a positive contribution to community and cultural life in the City of Playford
The next round of Community Development and Event Grant funding will open on Monday, 20 July 2020 and close at 5pm on Friday, 28 August 2020.
With an upper limit of $1,000, these grants are open year-round to community organisations, groups and associations to build upon and support current projects, programs and activities in City of Playford.
Outstanding Achievement Grants
With an upper limit of $400, these grants are available to assist residents to achieve their goals in national and international academic, sporting and cultural competitions and national and international leadership and personal development opportunities.
Club Participation Sponsorship Grant
Club Participation Sponsorship grants are available to assist young people up to the age of 17 years to receive a once-off discount on the direct costs associated with joining a City of Playford club (eg, membership fees, registration fees, uniforms or equipment, etc).
The purpose of this program is to reduce the cost of initial club joining fees for young people who would not be able to afford it otherwise.
Acquittal and Evaluation of Grants
On completion of the successfully-funded project, activity or event, recipients are required to return the Development Grant Acquittal form and financial statement (including copies of receipts) to Council.
The grant must be successfully acquitted before your community group or organisation will be eligible to apply for future funding through the City of Playford Community Development Grants Program.