Playford Wellbeing Hub
- Wellbeing Discovery Trail
Wellbeing Discovery Trail
You’ll find on this page:
The City of Playford is dedicated to inspiring and encouraging health and wellbeing throughout our community. We are excited to introduce the ‘Playford Wellbeing Discovery Trail’ which is a fantastic new initiative supported by the City of Playford and Wellbeing SA and facilitated by the Playford Wellbeing Hub.
This fun and purpose filled Discovery Trail will provide Playford residents with opportunities to explore their local community to discover ways to support their health and wellbeing in which they can:
- get active through movement, make time to play and enjoy the simple things
- to live with healthy knowledge to nourish your bodies, minds & souls
- to inspire fun ways to connect with family and friends, neighbours and community; and finally,
- to thrive by appreciating local experiences and opportunities to learn and grow in Playford
Explore the four areas of wellbeing
Research shows that regular physical activity, good nutrition and connecting to others is really important for our wellbeing.
To explore more about each of these four areas of wellbeing please click on the link tiles below.
Want to learn more?
Q: Is there a maximum number of Wellbeing Discovery Trail packs per household.
A: You can only receive one Wellbeing Discovery Trail pack per household.
Q: Who can receive a Discovery Trail pack?
A: City of Playford residents aged 18 and over are eligible to receive one Wellbeing Discovery Trail pack per household.
Q: How can I register to receive a Playford Discovery Trail pack?
A: To register for your Playford Wellbeing Discovery Trail pack, visit the City of Playford Wellbeing Hub Eventbrite page https://WBH_PlayfordWellbeingDiscoveryTrail.eventbrite.com.au, ‘purchase’ a ticket and complete the online registration.
Q: What happens after completing registration?
A: Once you have completed your registration through Eventbrite, collection of your pack will be available from John McVeity Centre, 182 Peachey Road, Smithfield Plains. Available collection times are weekdays 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-4pm. For processing purposes, please allow 24 hours before collecting your pack. Eventbrite tickets must be shown at time of collection.
Q: What is included in the Playford Wellbeing Discovery Trail pack?
- Playford Wellbeing Discovery Trail Fact Sheet and Map
Items to encourage “Movement” including:
- One FREE John McVeity Centre double casual court pass voucher ($10 value).
- One FREE Cirkidz Trial Class voucher – Circus (ages 5-12 yrs) ($15 value)
- One FREE Cirkidz Trial Class voucher – Parkour (ages 8-12 yrs) ($15 value)
- One FREE Playford Tennis Centre Hot Shots Trial Lesson voucher (up to $24 value)
- A Frisbee to take to the park for a play
- Playford Playground Map to explore local parks and reserves close to the Playford Wellbeing Hub
Items to support you to “Connect” to family, friends and the world around you including:
- One FREE small coffee you to enjoy at The Precinct Cafe ($4 value)
- Mini Lego set
Items to support you to “Thrive” including:
- One FREE City of Playford Library membership card with instructions for activation to “Keep Learning” - your passport to new and exciting worlds
- One mini journaling notepad and pen to jot down your thoughts
Items to “Nourish” you including:
- One FREE seed pack voucher from the Precinct Community Garden to grow your own veggies at home.
- One Healthy Food Co. HALF price Membership voucher ($5 Value)
- One FREE Healthy Food Co. Scone or Pancake Mix with every Easy Meal purchase voucher ($2 Value)
- One 10% discount on purchases voucher at Virgara Fruit and Veg
Other items provided in the bag include:
- Mini Luxury Hotel soap bar
- Mini Hand Sanitiser
- Plus, each bag will have a BONUS item which will include one of following items:
- FREE Family Swim Pass at the Aquadome
- Childrens Book
- Lunch Carry Bag
- Drink Bottle
Q: How can I redeem, or spend my Wellbeing Discovery Trail vouchers?
- Vouchers included in the Wellbeing Discovery Trail pack can only be spent with the organisation/business and for the product or service mentioned on the voucher
- The value on the voucher must be spent in one transaction
- Vouchers are not redeemable for cash and change cannot be given
- Vouchers must be handed over to the organisation/business when redeemed
Q: What is the expiry date?
A: Vouchers included in the Wellbeing Discovery Trail pack are valid until the 30 June 2023 unless otherwise indicated on the voucher.
Q: Is there a limit on the number of Playford Wellbeing Discovery Trail packs available?
A: Yes. 200 Wellbeing Discovery Trail packs are available.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions or contact the Playford Wellbeing Hub Team:
Phone: (08) 8480 0100
To register for your Playford Wellbeing Discovery Trail Bag: visit http://playfordwellbeinghub.eventbrite.com
To stay up to date with everything happening at the Playford Wellbeing Hub, please follow our Facebook pages:
John McVeity Centre Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JohnMcVeity
The Precinct Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ThePrecinctatPlayford
The Playford Wellbeing Hub supports physical health, social health and community wellbeing through the design and delivery of services and initiatives in the local community for children, young people, and their families, with a focus on ensuring inclusivity for Aboriginal people, people from CALD backgrounds and all abilities.