Council does not offer Covid-19 vaccines through our immunisation services.
If you would like to book your Covid-19 vaccination appointment with a SA Health Clinic follow the link: Book your appointment | SA Health
Fighting against harmful diseases has been made much easier thanks to the advances of vaccines. Immunisation is a simple, safe and effective way to protect our society from diseases that cause serious health issues, and even fatalities. The more people who are vaccinated, the less opportunity diseases have to spread.
* Routine childhood vaccinations - (including influenza vaccine up to 4 years of age)
* Indigenous Schedule (Influenza vaccine free for all Aboriginal Torres Strait Islanders)
* High School program (Please note, students under 16 years of age attending the clinic for vaccinations must be accompanied by an adult.)
* New arrival/refugees with Medicare numbers
* Pregnancy vaccinations
* Business immunisations (ie; Influenza and Hep A/B etc)
* Over 65 schedule (Influenza vaccine free)
* Other adult vaccinations including influenza (cost involved)
* Influenza vaccinations for medically at-risk groups, designated by the Department of Health.
Free vaccinations are available if they are listed in the National Immunisation Programs SA Schedule. Costs apply to immunisations that do not fall within this schedule.
For those who don't have a medicare number (ie; on student or work visas) there is a cost involved for vaccinations.
Please note we do not offer travel vaccinations.
For any further information, please send the Immunisation Team an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0421 619 848.
The City of Playford holds two public clinics. These are walk-in clinics where you do not need an appointment.
- GP Plus Healthcare Elizabeth on Monday from 9.30am to 12.30pm
- UniHealth Playford Medical Centre on Curtis Rd Munno Para on Thursdays from 1.30pm to 4.30pm and 5.30pm to 7.30pm.
- Council does not offer Covid-19 vaccines through our immunisation services. If you would like to book your Covid-19 vaccination appointment with a SA Health Clinic follow the link: Book your appointment | SA Health
Note to parents:
- Please remember to bring yours or your child's Medicare Card when coming to the clinic (all data gets uploaded to Medicare Register)
- For children under the age of seven, please bring along your 'blue baby book'.
Currently-Funded Immunisation Programs
City of Playford delivers a number of immunisation programs through funding received from both state and federal governments. As the funding for these programs is beyond Council's control, please enquire about specific vaccine availability prior to your clinic visit.
Some vaccines need a booster as their protection can wear off over time, and for diseases such as diphtheria, whooping cough and tetanus, it is necessary to have a booster.
To ensure protection over a longer period of time, a booster is given Within the High Schools program, vaccines such as the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine and Meningococcal B vaccine and Meningococcal ACWY are given, which are more effective if delivered at a specific age.
Vaccines through the school program are free of charge under the National Immunisation Program; Council’s fully trained and qualified vaccination team visits all high schools within the City of Playford to deliver the program.
If students have returned a signed consent form to school, and they are absent on the day of immunisation, we send a follow-up letter to parent/guardian with alternative clinic dates and times.
Please bring the student's Medicare card to your preferred session time.
Parents/guardians are able to attend other local council immunisation clinics to receive a free catch-up dose that was missed at school. Please note that GP providers may charge you for the consult and vaccine.
Your child must be enrolled in Year 8 and 10 to receive the free vaccines under the program – home-schooled children are also eligible to receive the vaccinations.
Vaccines for 2020
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) (Gardasil) vaccine
- Diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough (pertussis) vaccine.
Year 10 only:
- Meningococcal ACWY vaccine
- Meningococcal B vaccine
Protecting Yourself from the Flu
Paid flu vaccine are now available from our Immunisation Team.
Protect yourself and your family by getting an influenza vaccination – the more people that have the vaccine, the less opportunity there is for influenza to spread. The flu vaccination is available for purchase, with cash and EFTPOS facilities available.
Those most at risk of the dangers of influenza are pregnant women, people over the age of 65, all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders over six months of age, and people with chronic medical conditions. If you fall into one or more of these categories, we encourage you to get the flu vaccine, which is free for those in the above categories.
For further information, including arranging a clinic at your workplace, contact the Immunisation team on 0421 619 848.
Immunisation History Statements
Immunisation History Statements are recorded in the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).
You can access these statement with your Medicare online account through: Sign-in - myGov or Express Plus Medicare mobile app - Services Australia
Alternatively you can call the Australian Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809 or contact the Immunisation Team by email: email@example.com or phone 0421 619 848.
Immunisation Services for Businesses and Worksites
From March to December each year, arrangements can be made for our immunisation nurses to attend your workplace or business to provide
vaccinations for Hepatitis A and B, Diptheria, Tetanus and Whooping Cough and Influenza for a scheduled fee.
To book a worksite vaccination clinic please complete the Worksite Booking Form available at the link below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have submitted your booking form, you will be contacted by our staff who will confirm prices, vaccine availability and appointment times, and provide a staff Consent Form.
Businesses who have arranged Influenza vaccination sessions
will also need to get their staff to sign the Influenza Consent Form.