Keeping active is as easy as walking the dog or playing with the kids at the park. Being active and moving your body helps you stay fit and healthy - both mentally and physically. There are so many ways that you can be active.
Checkout just some of the things you can get up to in Playford:
- Go outside and enjoy a walk, run or ride. Visit the City of Playford walking and cycling page to learn of the local trails and walking groups close to you
- Explore in nature. Why not visit Para Wirra Conservation Park, take a walk along Smith Creek Trail or explore one of the many open spaces that our city has to offer through our Get outside and explore Playford guide
- Enjoy a bike ride with the kids. Take a ride along the Stuart O’Grady Bikeway or visit Mayfair Ride Safe Park for a great location to help children become familiar with road rules in a safe environment and have fun learning to ride!
- Park the car in the furthest carpark and walk the extra distance
- Have a go at Geocaching and explore hidden treasures to be found in Playford!
- Take the kids on a hunt from some hidden SA Rocks! Or visit the swap rock sites at the Precinct Community Garden and Elizabeth Rise Community Centre
- Enjoy a swim or splash at the Aquadome
- Try your hand at some tennis at the Playford Tennis Centre
- Enjoy a game of golf at the Playford Lakes Golf Club
- Have some fun playing a game of bowls at the Playford Bowling Club
- Take the scooters, BMX bikes, or skateboards and visit one of our skate parks - Elizabeth Skate Park located at Northern Sound System or Munno Para at Playford Alive Town Park
- Biodiversity Parks and Walk Trails – City of Playford
- Be Active - 5 Ways to Wellbeing
- A walk can work wonders - Wellbeing SA
- Best Walks SA – Walking SA
- How to get active when you are busy - Better Health Channel
- Stay active for healthy headspace - Headspace
- Heart Foundation Walking - The Heart Foundation
- South Australia’s Billion Steps Challenge – Wellbeing SA
Subscribe for updates
I consent to City of Playford collecting and storing my data from this form.