Receiving your rates
Rates notices are sent out by post, or residents may choose to receive their rates notice by email or electronically through BPAY View.
Council goes through a rigorous process to calculate council rates each year. To understand this process, information outlining rates and how they are determined is outlined in our Annual Business Plans every year.
Our Council Rates Calculator will help you estimate your annual rates: www.playford.sa.gov.au/rates-calculator
To have your rates notice delivered to your device or computer go to Digital Rates Request form and follow the steps.
Remember to have your Assessment Number handy. This can be found on the top right hand corner of your rates notice.
Please note – first electronic delivery of rates notices will occur in April 2020. Depending on the date you register, you may still receive one final paper notice before email delivery commences.
BPAY View sends rates and overdue notices straight to the same online bank that you use to pay them and provides notifications, reminders and secure online access, simply:
- Log into your internet or mobile banking
- Look for the BPAY View or View Bills section
- Register to receive your City of Playford rates notice
NB: Once registered, paper notices will no longer be issued.
To find out more about BPAY View visit their website.
To view copies of rates notices online, you need to be registered for Playford Online Services and be the current ratepayer for the property.
STEP 1: View our step by step video
- View the video on our Playford Online Services web page.
STEP 2: Register to Playford Online Services
- Go to reportandpay.playford.sa.gov.au
- Select 'Ratepayer Registration' and follow the steps to set up your account.
Remember to have your Rates Notice handy. Your Registration Name and Username ID can be found on page 2 of notices issued after January 2020. If additional login details are required, please phone Customer Contact on 8256 0333.
STEP 3: Viewing Your Notices
To view your notices, you will first need to sign into Playford Online Services and follow the steps below:
- From the home page select 'View Rates Notices'
- On the Rates Summary screen select your Ratepayer Name highlighted in green.
- Scroll down and select 'Rates Notices'
- Select the rates notice icon to view your notice
Please note - you can only view properties if you are the current ratepayer. If you have sold a property, you will no longer be able to view rates notices for that property. Please make sure you save any required rates notices before property settlement.
If you have a Property Manager, your request for digital delivery of rates notices will override mail delivery to the Property Manager. We advise you to notify your Property Manager of this change.
If you wish to continue to receive your notices in the mail, you don't need to do anything.
Digital Rates Documents
Property Managing Agents can request to receive rates notices by email by contacting the Customer Contact Team.
Phone 8256 0333 or email email@example.com with the required email address.
Paying your Rates
We want to make payments as easy as possible for you, which is why we provide a number of payment methods.
Paying your rates by Direct Debit
An easy way to stay on top of your Council rates is by setting up an ongoing direct debit. You can set up your account online with weekly, fortnightly, monthly or quarterly payments.
Register to set up direct debit payments by visiting Playford Online Services.
Yes. If you are not already registered, you can register by:
- Visiting Playford Online Services at reportandpay.playford.sa.gov.au
- Selecting 'Ratepayer Registration' and following the steps to set up your account
Remember to have your Rates Notice handy. Your Registration Name and User ID can be found on page 2 of notices issued after January 2020. If additional login details are required, please phone Customer Contact on 8256 0333.
You can also view a step by step video on our Playford Online Services web page.
First, sign in to your account and follow the steps below:
- From the home page select 'Set up direct debit'
- On the Rates Summary screen select your Ratepayer Name which is highlighted in green.
- Scroll down and select 'Request direct debit' and follow the prompts.
Rates Due Dates
City of Playford has a quarterly system of rating. The due dates for 2020/21 are:
- Instalment 1 – 2 September, 2020
- Instalment 2 – 2 December, 2020
- Instalment 3 – 2 March, 2021
- Instalment 4 – 2 June, 2021