Disability and Accessibility
- Look 'n Cook
Look 'n Cook
You’ll find on this page:
The Look 'n Cook Book makes cooking easier for you by breaking recipes down into simple steps, with photos to accompany each step and only small amounts of reading to support a wide variety of aspiring chefs.
The cookbook has been developed to build your confidence, so you're comfortable in the kitchen, and most importantly so you have have fun while cooking!
To make sure the recipes are easy to follow and delicious, all recipes in the cookbook have been tested by our social inclusion group, Playford Friends Group.
This is the second edition of the Look 'n Cook Book, with the first edition released in 2006.
The Look ‘n Cook Book is an initiative of the City of Playford, sponsored by Feros Care and Industrial & Constructive Scaffolding.
Buy a Look 'n Cook Book
For only $10 GST inclusive, you can make a copy of the Look 'n Cook Book yours from Monday, 14 September. All sales of the cookbook will fund future community capacity building projects for the Playford Friends Group.
- In person: You can purchase a copy from our Customer Contact Centre at the Playford Civic Centre or Stretton Centre
- Delivery: Purchase your copy, or copies, over the phone by calling our Customer Contact Centre on 8256 0333. We can post up to two cookbooks in one parcel post bag. Extra fees apply to cover postage.
- Library: You can also access the Look 'n Cook Book through the Playford Library.
- Munno Para Foodland: Thanks to Munno Para Foodland you can purchase a copy of the Look 'n Cook Book and do your grocery shopping for a recipe all at once. Available while stock lasts.
Get in quick as we only have 1000 copies available!
Look 'n Cook video series
Thanks to the sponsorship of Feros Care we are able to increase the reach of our cookbook, making recipes available to more people through the addition of the Look 'n Cook video series.
Through a partnership with Community Access and Service SA (CAaSSA), the City of Playford has been able to further increase the accessibility of the video series through the translation of two videos into five additional languages.
How to bake ANZAC biscuits and How to cook pizza have been translated into the following languages:
- Dari / Farsi
We hope you enjoy watching our Look 'n Cook video series, thanks for tuning in.
- Arabic - نرجو أن تكونوا قد إستمتعتوا بمشاهدة حلقات الطبخ هذه ونشكركم لمتابعتنا .
- Dari / Farsi - امیدوارم از تماشای مجموعه ی ویدیویی ببین و بپز(Look ‘n Cook) لذت ببرید، تشکر که این برنامه را نگاه میکنید.
- Kurindi - Turizera ko munezererwa no kuraba uru rukurikirane rw’ amavidewo ya Raba wongere Uteke, murakoze kudukurikirana.
- Nepali - हामी आशा गर्दछौं कि तपाईंहरुले हाम्रो भिडियो मनपराउनु भयो होला, तपाईंहरु सबैलाई धन्यवाद।
- Vietnamese - Chúng tôi hy vọng các bạn sẽ thích khi xem loạt video Look ‘n Cook. Xin cám ơn các bạn đã xem video này
- Arabic - برنامج لوك اند كوك لتعلّم الطبخ : كيفية عمل بيتزا اللحم أوالدجاج مع الجبن والريحان
- Dari / Farsi - ببین و بپز: پیتزای گوشت، پنیر و ریحان
- Kurindi - Raba wongere Uteke: Inyama, Iforomaje na pitsa ya basili
- Nepali - हेरेर पकाउनुहोस्: हाम र चीज पिज्जा
- Vietnamese - Pizza với giăm bông, Pho mai và lá húng Tây