Using the Library
Membership and Services
Want to travel across the planet, discover a new fantasy world, or uncover a mystery? It's as easy as becoming a library member! Immerse yourself in imagination that's out of this world or close to home thanks to all the resources our libraries have to offer.
Just pop into one of our branches and ask our staff to join you up. Simply provide some form of current identification which includes your name and address, such as a valid Driver's Licence, Proof of Age card, Health Care Card or Concession card.
If you are under the age of 18 years you will need a parent or guardian to join you up with their current identification.
- Members agree to pay replacement costs for any lost, damaged or non-returned items issued to them
- Members understand that items borrowed must not be used to infringe copyright
- Members agree to inform the library of any change of address, phone number and email
- Members agree to pay all fines or costs associated with the retrieval of overdue materials issued in their name or in the name of the persons for whom they are guarantor
- Members agree to follow the Library Code of Conduct
- Be respectful:
- Of other customers and staff by using appropriate language and good manners
- Of the library equipment, collections and spaces
- Be responsible:
- For your belongings by keeping them with you at all times
- As a parent or carer and look after your children at all times
- Be considerate:
- Of others in the library
- By putting your rubbish in the bins provided
- Be safe:
- By walking (not running) in the library
- By accessing appropriate material on the library computers
We reserve the right to limit services to those who are found not complying with the Code of Conduct.
Just moved to Playford? If you're already a member of another library we encourage you to let staff know so we can update your account details on our state wide database.
Accessing our Library Service
Want the freedom to borrow up to 100 items? Grab a membership at the Playford Library Service and you'll be given our One Card Network, which offers exclusive access to our special collections including our Healthy Move Kits and Parenting @ Playford collection.
- Browse, search and borrow from over 4 million items from other SA Public Libraries
- Access free online resources
- Download free audiobooks and ebooks through our digital libraries
- Have exclusive access to Playford Library’s Borrowbox digital library
- Access free online learning resources such as Lynda.com
- Use any SA public library's free Wi-Fi
- Use library computers and internet
- Print, photocopy, scan and fax
The Playford Library Service has an extensive collection of items available to borrow for people of all ages.
Playford Library Service is a part of the OneCard system which means that every Playford Library member has access to borrow resources from all public libraries across SA!
As a member, you can borrow up to 100 items per library card within the following limits:
- Up to 100 Books
- Up to 100 Magazines
- 20 DVDs
- 20 CDs
- 20 Talking Books
- 1 Healthy Move Kit
- 2 Fun Kits 4 Kids
Loan periods for these items do vary, please speak with our Library staff should you have any questions.
Haven't quite finished that novel? You can renew any item borrowed from the Library for a maximum of 2 times, only if no other customer is waiting to borrow it. The renewal time is the same as the original loan period (eg, a 4-week item can be renewed for a further 4 weeks).
Items can be renewed several different ways:
- Visit our library branch or Mobile Library Service
- Contacting the library on our phone number 8256 0333
- Logging into your account via the Playford Library Online Catalogue website.
- Using our Libraries SA App (download via Apple App store and GooglePlay for Android).
Can't make it back to the library you borrowed at? It's no problem with the One Card Network! You can easily return your borrowed items to any SA Public Library and your items will be transferred back to the Playford Library Service for your convenience.
If you think that you won't be able to return your items on time, please contact us or use the online catalogue or the app to extend your time.