Playford Alive residential project
Australia's most innovative residential renewal project is being undertaken in the City of Playford.
Approved by both Council and the State Government, the project is creating a state-of-the-art residential environment for northern Adelaide, which is expanding rapidly and making a huge contribution to the state economy.
The City of Playford has committed up to $23 million over the duration of the project that involves up to $1 billion in public and private investment.
The project will include:
- Regenerating the Peachey Belt (Smithfield Plains and Davoren Park) and developing new areas for housing north of Curtis Road and west of Stebonheath Road.
- An increase in the population from 13,000 to 30,000
- More than 4,000 new homes
- Improved community facilities, including schools and training facilities, shopping, health and welfare
- Environmentally friendly and energy efficient initiatives
Council and State Government agencies are jointly managing the project.
Need more information?
Visit the official Playford Alive partnership website via the link below.