**BOOKED OUT** Ranger-Guided Morning Bird Walk
Bring your binoculars and a sense of adventure as we go for an early morning ramble through some of Para Wirra’s beautiful woodland. Walk with the rangers to discover what birds can be found in the park and how to identify them by their calls and behaviour. Watch out for thornbills and treecreepers flitting between the trees and emus as they wander through the bush.
If you have a smartphone, download one of the free Australian bird guide apps. Some suggestions include Morecombe’s Birds of Australia Lite version, Australian Bird Sounds by Appp.io, or Australian Birds Guide by Gaia Guide.
What to bring:
- Waterproof jacket
- Hiking boots, preferably with ankle support
- Long trousers or shorts
- Long-sleeved light cotton or similar shirt
- Warm long-sleeve top for stops or if the weather is cool
- Sun hat
- Sun glasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- At least one, 1 litre water bottle
- Small day pack
- Bird ID guide
Meeting point: Para Wirra Central Visitor Precinct picnic area, Para Wirra Drive.
Bookings: This event is FULLY BOOKED
Vehicle entry to Para Wirra Conservation Park will be free during May as Parks SA and City of Playford celebrates Park of the Month.
You are not required to purchase the vehicle entry fee to enter the park.
National Parks SA is running a great location-based competition during May's Para Wirra Park of the Month! Visit the park to go in the draw to win great prizes, including:
Judge's choice prize
- $100 voucher for the Scout Outdoor Centre + 12 month vehicle entry for multiple park pass (total value $190.00)
People's choice prize
- 12 month vehicle entry for multiple park pass (total value $90.00)
Parkapiki have used GPS technology to create a virtual boundary around the park. All you need to do is visit Para Wirra Conservation Park during May and when you’re there, open the competition page on your smart-phone or tablet, fill in the form and leave a creative comment about the park.
Don't worry if your out of mobile coverage, you can enter the competition by loading a digital photo you've taken in the park when you're back in range.
Para Wirra Conservation Park
- Fri01NovGive the Gift of Reading- Book donation drive
Give the Gift of Reading and purchase a new and undamaged book for a child teen or adult.
- Fri 1st Nov at 9:00am - Tue 17th Dec at 9:00am
- Mon09DecThe Beggars Christmas Favourites
Get into the festive spirit with this wonderful concert full of our favourite songs, carols and sing-alongs.
- Mon 9th Dec at 11:00am - 12:30pm
- Shedley Theatre
- See Pricing