Weekend Walks for Women - Sunday
Join a group of Wise Women Weekend Walking at Para Wirra!
Tickets are $33pp plus booking fee for non-members and half-price for Big Heart Adventures members.
THIS A MODERATE TO HARD HIKE
Please arrive at 8:15am for an 8:30am start at the Lake Carpark in Para Wirra.
Linda will be your walk leader and will be there to meet you. Our leaders carry group first-aid kits, emergency communication devices and are experienced bushwalking leaders.
We will walk the South Para Grand Hike and Lake circuit hike approx 10km - 4 hours. This is a moderate to hard hike.
Due to the variability of the weather, the following items will be needed:
- A daypack (25-35 litre backpack)
- 1-2 litres of water
- Sun protection (hat, sunnies, suncream) or wet weather gear (we will check the forecast and remind you of what to expect)
- Blister kit/personal medication
- High-energy snacks/fruit
- Boots/comfortable walking shoes
- Warm clothing for after the walk (jumper/jacket)
- Walking poles (optional)
Please ensure you have the minimum gear required as no refunds are possible after booking. If you arrive underprepared without wet weather clothing or the gear listed above, walk leaders have the right to ask you not to walk with the group for safety reasons.
Our walks are all about fun, fitness and friendship - not a personal training session. If we can't walk and talk at the same time we are walking too fast! And we never leave anyone behind.
If the weather forecast is for extreme weather or a fire ban is issued for the Adelaide Hills, this walk will be cancelled the day before and fully refunded.
Minimum age requirement is 15 years old as long they are accompanied by a supervising adult - please check with Lisa if unsure.
Tickets for Sunday 18 May are $33pp plus booking fee and can be made through Eventbrite.
Vehicle entry to Para Wirra Conservation Park will be free during May as Parks SA and City of Playford celebrates Park of the Month.
You are not required to purchase the vehicle entry fee to enter the park.
National Parks SA is running a great location-based competition during May's Para Wirra Park of the Month! Visit the park to go in the draw to win great prizes, including:
Judge's choice prize
- $100 voucher for the Scout Outdoor Centre + 12 month vehicle entry for multiple park pass (total value $190.00)
People's choice prize
- 12 month vehicle entry for multiple park pass (total value $90.00)
Parkapiki have used GPS technology to create a virtual boundary around the park. All you need to do is visit Para Wirra Conservation Park during May and when you’re there, open the competition page on your smart-phone or tablet, fill in the form and leave a creative comment about the park.
Don't worry if your out of mobile coverage, you can enter the competition by loading a digital photo you've taken in the park when you're back in range.
Para Wirra Conservation Park
- Thu29JulEnglish for Work and Study- John McVeity Centre Enrolment Session
Providing skills in basic reading, writing and comprehension of workplace tasks including following instructions, completing forms, basic resumes, cover letters and applications. Perfect for those who have lower literacy skills and are currently looking for work.
- Thu 29th Jul at 9:30am - 11:30am
- John McVeity Centre
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, Men, Women, Youth, Community Organisations, People with a disability, Job seekers
- Fri06AugFake News Workshop
Learn how to avoid fake news and where to find trustworthy information on a computer.
- Fri 6th Aug at 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Playford Civic Centre Library
- Business, Men, Seniors, Women