Moving Forward is a 10-week foundation skills course run as part of the Adult Community Education (ACE) Program.
This is a free course (to approved applicants), but you must phone or email to book your place.
People aged 18+ are invited to attend. It's a parent-friendly course run during school terms and hours. There is no cost for this course (government funded for eligible participants) leading to community connection, study, training and employment pathways.
This 10 week course aims to develop:
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Communication skills
- Work-ready skills
- Community contacts, training and employment opportunities
The outcomes of this course are:
- Clearer personal and work goals
- Increased opportunities in further study and training
- Job readiness for voluntary work, work experience or paid work
NB: Just because this course has already started, don't worry. You can join the 10-week course at any point, as it is designed in modules.
Brought to you by Uniting SA, City of Playford, and the Government of South Australia.
- Thu29JulEnglish for Work and Study- John McVeity Centre Enrolment Session
Providing skills in basic reading, writing and comprehension of workplace tasks including following instructions, completing forms, basic resumes, cover letters and applications. Perfect for those who have lower literacy skills and are currently looking for work.
- Thu 29th Jul at 9:30am - 11:30am
- John McVeity Centre
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, Men, Women, Youth, Community Organisations, People with a disability, Job seekers
In Mort’s Village everything has its place, every day is the same and everyone likes it that way. Until one morning, crash, boom, bang… down comes Beep.
- Fri 30th Jul at 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Shedley Theatre
- See Pricing
- Families, Children