Moving Forward is a 10-week foundation skills course run as part of the Adult Community Education (ACE) Program.
This is a free course (to approved applicants), but you must phone or email to book your place.
People aged 18+ are invited to attend. It's a parent-friendly course run during school terms and hours. There is no cost for this course (government funded for eligible participants) leading to community connection, study, training and employment pathways.
This 10 week course aims to develop:
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Communication skills
- Work-ready skills
- Community contacts, training and employment opportunities
The outcomes of this course are:
- Clearer personal and work goals
- Increased opportunities in further study and training
- Job readiness for voluntary work, work experience or paid work
NB: Just because this course has already started, don't worry. You can join the 10-week course at any point, as it is designed in modules.
Brought to you by Uniting SA, City of Playford, and the Government of South Australia.
- Sat26SepGrowing for Gold
Come along and try a variety of sporting and recreation activities for free through your local sporting clubs – hopefully you’ll find something you love!
- Sat 26th Sep at 12:00pm - Sun 25th Oct at 12:00pm
- Families, Youth, Children
- Thu22OctStart the Conversation
2020 has been a challenging year for us all.Join our free 'Start the conversation - mental health and wellbeing forum' to build resilience and to gain tools to start a conversation when you're not ok.
- Thu 22nd Oct at 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Shedley Theatre