Online Communities - Page Guidelines
We encourage conversation, feedback and the sharing of diverse opinions on our platforms, and we expect community members to treat each other with respect and courtesy. These standards apply to interaction on all City of Playford digital platforms including official pages on third-party social media sites.
You understand and agree that City of Playford may hide or remove comments or exercise its discretion not to publish your comment or contribution, including if we consider it to be:
- defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or that it violates laws regarding harassment, discrimination, racial vilification, privacy or contempt;
- intentionally false or misleading;
- an infringement of intellectual property rights including copyright;
- abusive, offensive or obscene - note: we have a sensitive profanity filter which automatically hides any comments that uses profanity, so if your comment doesn't appear on a post, check your wording - you may have inadvertently triggered this filter;
- inappropriate, off topic, repetitive or vexatious comments. For example, City of Playford reserves the right to reject contributions that have been widely canvassed in the forum, or are repetitive. We also reserve the right to reject contributions from participants who seek to agitate or dominate the discussion;
- compromising the privacy of any person or containing inappropriate personal information;
- seeking to endorse commercial products or services;
- seeking to directly solicit donations or signatures on petitions; or
- deliberate provocation, criticism or personal attacks against other users or the council and its staff.
If you have concerns about inappropriate content on a City of Playford page you can alert us via a Direct Message on that platform.
When accessing or participating in City of Playford social media spaces, such as channels, pages or feeds hosted on an external site, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions specified by that third party platform - ie; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.
City of Playford recommends you make sure you understand the privacy settings for each platform with which you engage and choose appropriate options to protect your personal details and content shared.