Engagement on City of Playford’s draft Annual Business Plan and Budget 2022/23 (ABP) and draft Long Term Financial Plan 2022/23 (LFTP) opened today, with Council keen to hear the community’s views for the year ahead.
The plans outline the services and projects proposed for 2022/23, with a focus on lifting the appearance of the city.
Council will invest in renewing and replacing the things we know are important to our community, including new and refreshed kerbs, footpaths and roads, as well as play spaces and sports facilities.
We will continue to deliver existing services and programs such as city maintenance, waste and recycling, libraries, youth programs and health and wellbeing services, investing $96 million into continued services.
$14.5 million is proposed for the renewal or replacement of existing assets such as kerbs, footpaths, road, play spaces and sporting facilities and a range of new projects are proposed including:
- Building a new reserve at Munno Para West
- Upgrading McGilp Recreation Park, One Tree Hill
- Upgrading Mofflin Reserve, Elizabeth Vale
- Upgrading Argana Park to cater for additional parking, lighting and pedestrian connections
- Installing a public toilet at Blakes Crossing Oval
- Planting 2000 trees across the city to beautify our neighbourhoods
- Minor sport and recreation projects including new discus throwing cages, cricket practice nets and coaches boxes
- Minor open space projects including seating, lighting and shade sales
The draft plans have been developed in line with Council’s 2020-24 Strategic Plan and Finance Strategy, and the proposed budget maintains an operating surplus – this means we only spend the income we have and do not borrow money for ongoing service delivery.
Following the close of the consultation period on 29 May 2022, Council will consider feedback received before making a final decision at a subsequent Council Meeting in June.
Read the plans
The 2022/23 Draft ABP and LTFP can be found here. Hard copies of plans are available at our Customer Care points:
Playford Civic Centre
10 Playford Boulevard, Elizabeth
07 Peachey Road, Munno Para
You can also request copies of the plans by emailing email@example.com or phoning 8256 0333.
Sharing your views
The engagement period runs from Monday 02 May until Sunday 29 May, 2022. There are lots of ways you can share your feedback:
- Complete an online survey
- Complete a hard copy survey by visiting one of our customer care points (outlined above)
Write to us
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at:
Business Plans Consultation
Playford Operations Centre
12 Bishopstone Road
Davoren Park SA 5113
Written feedback may be made publicly available, unless specifically advised otherwise.
Verbal Submission at the Public Hearing
Feedback can also be made via a verbal submission, either in person or virtually, at a Public Hearing to be held in the Council Chambers at 7pm on Tuesday 24 May 2022.
To register your interest in making a verbal submission to Council, please contact us at email@example.com by Friday 20 May 2022. You can also tick 'yes' when asked if you would like to make a verbal submission when you submit your feedback through our online survey. This must also be received by Friday 20 May, 2022.
Instructions for virtual presentations will be made available following registration.