We have a new concept design for the eastern end of Fremont Park and we want to hear from you!
Fremont Park is the City’s premier park, however the eastern end of the park has limited facilities and lacks green space and vegetation making it underutilised.
We have a new concept design that includes a large and small dog park, new car parking options, expanded lawn area, native plantings, as well as infrastructure and amenities.
Your feedback on this concept will form part of external funding opportunities we are sourcing to support the development of Fremont Park.
This will complement the playspace and creek upgrades undertaken in recent years and help make the whole of Fremont Park feel welcoming and safe for the community.
The City of Playford is seeking external funding to help pay for the upgrade. Timing of construction will depend on the success in gaining this funding. If successful, we hope to start construction within the next 1-2 financial years.
- A large and small dog park: dog parks are a much valued community space where your four-legged friend can exercise and socialise. The dog park will include sheltered seating and lighting for evening use.
- A new off-street car park: this will incorporate disability car parking and will service the new dog park and provide extra parking during events.
- Native plantings: native plantings will lift the appearance of this part of the park and improve local biodiversity.
- New infrastructure and amentities: paths, seating, lighting and drinking fountains will support the many walkers who use the park.
- Expanded events lawn: partial removal of the existing mound and expansion of the irrigated grassed area will improve the events space.
- New gazebo: will be located at the edge of the events space to make the events space more user-friendly.
- Tree planting: as many healthy trees as possible will be retained and many more new trees will be planted. Installation of irrigation will help existing and new trees to flourish.
- Ifould Road car parking: spaces will be linemarked to formalise on-street car parking.
- Wayfinding signage: new wayfinding signage will be installed throughout the park.
Have your say
You can provide your feedback in a number of ways.
Chat with Council staff who will be in the park at the following times:
- Monday 18 January, 5pm – 7pm
- Wednesday 20 January, 7.30am – 9.30am
- Thursday 21 January, 11am – 1pm
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete an online survey: playford.engagementhub.com.au
Call us: 8256 0333
Please ensure all feedback is provided to Council by Monday 1 February, 2021.