- Stroke Safety Workshop @ the Library
Stroke Safety Workshop @ the Library
- Friday 9th August at 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Playford Civic Centre Library
- Business / Organisation Name: Playford Library
- Telephone: 82560333
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Stroke Foundation for this informative session on stroke awareness and prevention.
Many of the facilitators have experienced a stroke or have had someone close to them who has had a stroke, making the session more personal and powerful for those who attend.
Over the course of 40 minutes the speaker will discuss:
- What stroke is - what happens when someone is having a stroke and the different types of stroke
- How to recognise the signs of stroke – learn the vital FAST signs which will help you recognise when someone is having a stroke
- What to do if someone is having a stroke – if you or someone else experiences the signs of stroke, no matter how long they last, call 000 immediately
- How to prevent stroke – steps that can be taken to better understand and reduce the risk of having a stroke
This is a great session for those who are at risk or know someone at risk of a stroke, those working in the health or aged care sector.
For more information contact the Playford Library Service on 8256 0333.
Playford Civic Centre Library
Subscribe for updates
Subscribe to our email newsletter to keep up-to-date with activities and events happening in the City of Playford.