Positive Futures Expo 2020
- Tuesday 30th June at 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Community, Disability Programs and Events, Disability, Education, Mental Health, National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), Social Inclusion, Talks and Workshops
For more than 15 years, the City of Playford has hosted an annual Positive Futures Expo which is attended by more than 500 people from across northern Adelaide.
The Positive Futures Expo showcases exciting opportunities for further education, training, employment, volunteering and social inclusion available to people with a disability.
In 2020, we’re doing things a little different and bringing the expo to you online from 10am – 2pm on Tuesday, 30 June via: expo.playford.sa.gov.au.
In a time of uncertainty, we know the value of connecting and providing a safe and comforting space where people can interact with employment networks and professionals.
Don’t worry you can still expect to receive the same benefits from our digital Expo as you have in previous years.
Our virtual Expo includes
- A 3D interactive experience set in the City of Playford’s Prince George Plaza
- A guided tour from our Expo ambassador, Tyler, who will showcase our virtual expo stalls and how you can interact with them
- Keynote speakers
- Live Zoom and YouTube workshops
- Q&A sessions
- Activities with education and training outcomes
- A choose your own adventure walk through with take away offers (our version of merchandise in a virtual setting
- A directory specifically categorised to aid and assist purpose driven opportunities for each student
- And so much more!
Attend the Positive Futures Expo to
- Understand your career pathway
- Connect with local employers / service providers
- Be inspired by others and their stories
- Discover your strengths and interests
How it works
No registration is required, simply head to expo.playford.sa.gov.au from 10am on Tuesday, 30 June.
Live Stream Sessions
- 10:15am: Pathways to Employment, hosted by Feros Care with industry experts
- 11.00am: Planning for your dream job – the ultimate cheat sheet, hosted by Campbell Page
- 11.45am: Increased positive learning outcomes, hosted by the Indie School
- 1.00pm: Top tips to get you prepared for a successful interview, hosted by Job Prospects
- Sat10AprGrowing for Gold - April 2021
Come along and try a variety of sporting and recreation activities for free through your local sporting clubs – hopefully you’ll find something you love!
- Sat 10th Apr at 10:00am - Sun 25th Apr at 11:00am
- Families, Youth, Community Organisations, Children
- Thu22AprAutumn School Holidays: Create your own stick raft
A STEAM Craft project with the participants designing a raft made from sticks and trying to get them to float on water (Ages 8 +years).
- Thu 22nd Apr at 10:30am - 12:30pm
- Stretton Centre Library
- See Pricing
- Youth, Children