Playford Community Foodies Training Info Session
Become a Playford Foodie!
If you love to cook, are passionate about healthy eating or love sharing your food knowledge with others, this could be a great opportunity for you!
Come along to this information session to find out about the six-week training course we are offering (four hours a week), where you will undertake food safety training, understand the key nutritional messages which make up healthy eating, and develop skills around communication, planning, facilitating and evaluating programs.
Once you have completed the training you can become City of Playford volunteer foodie and have opportunities to share the information you've learnt with others in the community through supporting activities such as cooking programs, health promotion events, or undertaking presentations within existing community groups.
If you would like to become involved (or find out more), come along to this information session.
John McVeity Centre
- Thu05AugEnglish for Work and Study- John McVeity Centre Enrolment Session
Providing skills in basic reading, writing and comprehension of workplace tasks including following instructions, completing forms, basic resumes, cover letters and applications. Perfect for those who have lower literacy skills and are currently looking for work.
- Thu 5th Aug at 9:30am - 10:30am
- John McVeity Centre
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, Men, Women, Youth, Community Organisations, People with a disability, Job seekers
- Fri06AugFake News Workshop
Learn how to avoid fake news and where to find trustworthy information on a computer.
- Fri 6th Aug at 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Playford Civic Centre Library
- Business, Men, Seniors, Women