- Sunday 5th May at 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Para Wirra Conservation Park
- Arts and Culture, Environment, Nature, Relaxation, Talks and Workshops
- Families, Men, Seniors, Women, Youth
Workshop Price (inc. booking fee) - $11.64
- Business / Organisation Name: National Parks SA
- Website: Visit
Stop and notice the wonders around you, with journaling guide Jenny Deans. Explore Para Wirra Conservation Park with fresh eyes through drawing, writing and scribbling.
Discover tips and learn skills for observing, drawing and thinking about the natural world. The workshop presenter makes drawing easy and brings all the materials that you will need.
The workshop will follow the Lizard Rock Hike (1.6km return, 45 mins). The hike is an enjoyable loop trail with easy grades and picturesque views across Wild Dog Creek valley. Explore the rock formations along the ridge and see if you can spot the Lizard Rock! Great for family groups. For safety, please supervise children near rocky outcrops.
This class is great for anyone who likes to take the time to sit and contemplate nature - adults or children. No drawing or artistic experience required.
This workshop is recommended for ages 8+ but may also suit other school-aged children.
Parent/guardian must accompany children who attend.
Brought to you by the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges Natural Resources Management Board.
What you will learn:
- Tips and practical skills for observing, thinking about and drawing the natural world around you
What you will get:
- Notebook and drawing pencils are supplied, but you are welcome to bring your own materials too
- 2 hours tuition, with time for 1:1 with instructor
- Handout with nature journalling tips and links to resources
What to bring:
- Waterproof jacket
- Hiking boots, preferably with ankle support
- Long trousers or shorts
- Long sleeved light cotton or similar shirt
- Warm long sleeve top for stops or if the weather is cool
- Sun hat
- Sun glasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- At least one, one litre water bottle
- Some snacks
- Small day pack
- Insect repellent
Meeting point: Lizard Rock Hike Trailhead, Gawler View car park, Para Wirra Drive.
Bookings: This event costs $11.64 (including booking fee)
Vehicle entry to Para Wirra Conservation Park will be free during May as Parks SA and City of Playford celebrates Park of the Month.
You are not required to purchase the vehicle entry fee to enter the park.
National Parks SA is running a great location-based competition during May's Para Wirra Park of the Month! Visit the park to go in the draw to win great prizes, including:
Judge's choice prize
- $100 voucher for the Scout Outdoor Centre + 12 month vehicle entry for multiple park pass (total value $190.00)
People's choice prize
- 12 month vehicle entry for multiple park pass (total value $90.00)
Parkapiki have used GPS technology to create a virtual boundary around the park. All you need to do is visit Para Wirra Conservation Park during May and when you’re there, open the competition page on your smart-phone or tablet, fill in the form and leave a creative comment about the park.
Don't worry if your out of mobile coverage, you can enter the competition by loading a digital photo you've taken in the park when you're back in range.
Para Wirra Conservation Park
- Sat19JunMINDBLOWN with Matt Tarrant & Isaac Lomman
In this one off Special Double Bill, experience the Magic of two of South Australia's most popular performers!
- Sat 19th Jun at 7:30pm - 9:30pm
- Shedley Theatre
- See Pricing
- Mon21JunOOTS- Matinee Series : Greg Hart in Concert
As part of the Out of the Square Matinee Series, join Greg Hart as he sings songs from his many sell out tribute shows and his leading roles in musical theatre.
- Mon 21st Jun at 11:00am - 12:30pm
- Shedley Theatre
- See Pricing