Let's Talk Disability
- Thursday 5th September at 9:30am - 12:30pm
- Playford Civic Centre
- Community, Disability, National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), Talks and Workshops
- Families, Men, Women, Youth, Community Organisations
Free - interactive and inclusive disability awareness workshops!
The Community Inclusion Team are happy to offer vacancies in our latest Let's Talk Disability workshops as part of our NDIS Project. This Project is aimed at supporting our Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) and Aboriginal communities to reduce stigma around disability and also to provide culturally positive information about NDIS.
Please book your place ASAP so you don't miss out!
A fun learning experience in which you will gain awareness and knowledge of disability and gain increased confidence in working with people with a disability.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Playford Civic Centre
- Thu05AugEnglish for Work and Study- John McVeity Centre Enrolment Session
Providing skills in basic reading, writing and comprehension of workplace tasks including following instructions, completing forms, basic resumes, cover letters and applications. Perfect for those who have lower literacy skills and are currently looking for work.
- Thu 5th Aug at 9:30am - 10:30am
- John McVeity Centre
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, Men, Women, Youth, Community Organisations, People with a disability, Job seekers
- Fri06AugFake News Workshop
Learn how to avoid fake news and where to find trustworthy information on a computer.
- Fri 6th Aug at 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Playford Civic Centre Library
- Business, Men, Seniors, Women