- FORUM: Business Opportunities in the Circular Economy
FORUM: Business Opportunities in the Circular Economy
The City of Playford is proud to be a silver sponsor of this one day event to help you get across how your business can save money and create new markets by designing-out waste.
The information below is provided by Northern Economic Leaders Incorporated and was last updated on 11 July 2022. Click here to view the official event listing and purchase tickets.
About this event
The circular economy is a $210 billion opportunity for Australia alone, and one that can help businesses future-proof their operations, reduce spend on water, energy and waste, cut greenhouse gas emissions and more.
Get face-to-face with business, government and leading experts to understand how to take the next step towards making your organisation more circular.
Who should attend
This Circular Economy Forum is designed for business decision-makers, E- and C- suite leaders and managers working in:
- waste and recycling
The forum is suitable for Circular Economy beginners through to experts wanting to turbo charge their projects.
What you’ll do
The day kicks off with an executive-style breakfast at 7.30 a.m. to hear from some of our keynote speakers in an intimate setting and network. This session is suitable as a warm up to the forum, or for business leaders to get a taster of key topics before they start their work day, while their team members attend the forum. Opening address speaker will be The Hon Susan Close MP, Deputy Premier.
At 9.30 a.m. we welcome leading experts and our supporters to open the forum. Over the day, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about circular opportunities and challenges from fellow businesses and experts
- Work on real life examples with peers in expert-moderated groups
- Get inspired and connected so you can seize the economic, environmental and social opportunities of going circular
What you'll gain
Over one short day, this circular economy forum will:
- Give you a solid understanding of key Circular Economy principles and opportunities
- Show you how Circular Economy works for businesses right here in South Australia
- Provide you with tools and connections to take the next steps
Meet some of our speakers
- The Hon Susan Close MP, Deputy Premier - Opening the Day at the breakfast
- Jodie Bricout, Principal, Sustainability and Climate Change at Aurecon
- Professor Ian Overton, Chief Executive, Green Industries SA
- Franz Knoll, Managing Director, Barossa Fine Foods
Others Speakers Include:
- Steven Lapidge - CEO at Fight Food Waste Ltd
- Jayant Keskar - Director at Enpro Envirotech
- Geneieve Cother - Business Development Manager at Action Learning Institute
- Jennifer Slocombe - Principal Sustainability Advisor at Department for Infrastructure and Transport
- Ken Long - South Australian Sustainability Lead for Built Environments at Mott MacDonald & Chairperson at Adelaide Sustainable Building - Network
- Claire Kneller - Executive Director at WRAP Asia Pacific & Head of the Voluntary Commitment at Stop Food Waste Australia
- Jonathon Middis - Innovation Manager at Fight Food Waste CRC
- Deborah Davidson - Director of DSquared Consulting
The Circular Economy Forum is brought to you by Northern Economic Leaders and proudly supported by the City of Salisbury and the following sponsors:
- Major Sponsor - Green Industries SA
- Gold Sponsor - Aurecon
- Silver Sponsor - MEGT
- Silver Sponsor - City of Playford
- Silver Sponsor - Bio Bag World
- Silver Sponsor - Powertech Energy
- Bronze Sponsor - LMS Energy Pty Ltd
We also like to thank:
- Food Fight Waste CRC and Adelaide Sustainability Buildings Network for partnering in workshops.
- Food and Beverage Sponsors - SA Produce Market, Bickfords Group and Barossa Fine Foods
- Media and Marketing Sponsor - Admotion Media
Click here to view the official event listing and purchase tickets.