Carnival In The North
- Wednesday 9th October at 10:00am - 1:00pm
- John McVeity Centre
- Community, Disability, Mental Health, National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Families, Men, Women, Community Organisations
Planting the seeds for good mental health.
Carnival in the North is an inclusive event for everyone, whether you want to find some positive ways to improve your mental health, or to learn how to maintain your wellbeing, there is something for everyone this Mental Health Week!
Join us as we explore the themes of nurturing, environment, health, and growth.
There will be plenty of fun activities and workshops, including:
- Safe Pets Safe Families - Kissing Booth with dogs!
- SevenEight Psychology - Meet and greet therapy pony 'Derek'
- Gawler Environment Centre - make your own wicking boxes at the Wicking Bed Workshop
- Pathways to Recovery - desktop zen gardens
- Whitelion Chatterbox Bus - mobile crisis support and outreach
- Native plants as food
- Orange Skylight laundry van on-site
- SAPOL and MFS visit
- Animals Anonymous on site
- 35+ stalls for mental health and well-being providers
- Face painting
- BBQ lunch
- And much more!
Hosted in partnership with Uniting Communities, Playford Youth Advisory Committee, Neami National, Job Prospects, Barkuma and Pathways to Recovery.
John McVeity Centre
- Fri01NovGive the Gift of Reading- Book donation drive
Give the Gift of Reading and purchase a new and undamaged book for a child teen or adult.
- Fri 1st Nov at 9:00am - Tue 17th Dec at 9:00am
- Sun01DecSummer Reading Club
The Summer Reading Club is here. Grab your pack now from the Playford Library- preschool, primary and secondary packs available.
- Sun 1st Dec at 9:00am - Fri 31st Jan at 9:00am
- Families, Youth