Carnival In The North
- Wednesday 9th October at 10:00am - 1:00pm
- John McVeity Centre
- Community, Disability, Mental Health, National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Families, Men, Women, Community Organisations
Planting the seeds for good mental health.
Carnival in the North is an inclusive event for everyone, whether you want to find some positive ways to improve your mental health, or to learn how to maintain your wellbeing, there is something for everyone this Mental Health Week!
Join us as we explore the themes of nurturing, environment, health, and growth.
There will be plenty of fun activities and workshops, including:
- Safe Pets Safe Families - Kissing Booth with dogs!
- SevenEight Psychology - Meet and greet therapy pony 'Derek'
- Gawler Environment Centre - make your own wicking boxes at the Wicking Bed Workshop
- Pathways to Recovery - desktop zen gardens
- Whitelion Chatterbox Bus - mobile crisis support and outreach
- Native plants as food
- Orange Skylight laundry van on-site
- SAPOL and MFS visit
- Animals Anonymous on site
- 35+ stalls for mental health and well-being providers
- Face painting
- BBQ lunch
- And much more!
Hosted in partnership with Uniting Communities, Playford Youth Advisory Committee, Neami National, Job Prospects, Barkuma and Pathways to Recovery.
John McVeity Centre
- Fri14AugCover Letter Workshop
Come and join the Cover Letter Workshop where you can learn how to write a Cover Letter that gets you to the next point- the interview. Bookings Essential
- Fri 14th Aug at 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Stretton Centre Library
- Business, Men, Women, Youth, Community Organisations
- Tue18AugGenealogy Club: My 'Rona Record
Join us for a special Genealogy Club session that shows you how to keep record of your own experiences during the pandemic for future generations to use as primary resources. Bookings Essential
- Tue 18th Aug at 10:00am - 11:00am
- Playford Civic Centre Library
- Men, Seniors, Women, Youth, Community Organisations