Carnival In The North
- Wednesday 9th October at 10:00am - 1:00pm
- John McVeity Centre
- Community, Disability, Mental Health, National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Families, Men, Women, Community Organisations
Planting the seeds for good mental health.
Carnival in the North is an inclusive event for everyone, whether you want to find some positive ways to improve your mental health, or to learn how to maintain your wellbeing, there is something for everyone this Mental Health Week!
Join us as we explore the themes of nurturing, environment, health, and growth.
There will be plenty of fun activities and workshops, including:
- Safe Pets Safe Families - Kissing Booth with dogs!
- SevenEight Psychology - Meet and greet therapy pony 'Derek'
- Gawler Environment Centre - make your own wicking boxes at the Wicking Bed Workshop
- Pathways to Recovery - desktop zen gardens
- Whitelion Chatterbox Bus - mobile crisis support and outreach
- Native plants as food
- Orange Skylight laundry van on-site
- SAPOL and MFS visit
- Animals Anonymous on site
- 35+ stalls for mental health and well-being providers
- Face painting
- BBQ lunch
- And much more!
Hosted in partnership with Uniting Communities, Playford Youth Advisory Committee, Neami National, Job Prospects, Barkuma and Pathways to Recovery.
John McVeity Centre
- Sat26SepGrowing for Gold
Come along and try a variety of sporting and recreation activities for free through your local sporting clubs – hopefully you’ll find something you love!
- Sat 26th Sep at 12:00pm - Sun 25th Oct at 12:00pm
- Families, Youth, Children
- Tue20OctGenealogy Club: DNA and Genealogy
Join us for our Genealogy Club sessions which help you get unstuck with areas of family history searches. Find out how DNA can play a role in finding your country of heritage.
- Tue 20th Oct at 10:00am - 11:00am
- Playford Civic Centre Library
- Men, Seniors, Women, Youth, Community Organisations