Carnival In The North
- Wednesday 9th October at 10:00am - 1:00pm
- John McVeity Centre
- Community, Disability, Mental Health, National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Families, Men, Women, Community Organisations
Planting the seeds for good mental health.
Carnival in the North is an inclusive event for everyone, whether you want to find some positive ways to improve your mental health, or to learn how to maintain your wellbeing, there is something for everyone this Mental Health Week!
Join us as we explore the themes of nurturing, environment, health, and growth.
There will be plenty of fun activities and workshops, including:
- Safe Pets Safe Families - Kissing Booth with dogs!
- SevenEight Psychology - Meet and greet therapy pony 'Derek'
- Gawler Environment Centre - make your own wicking boxes at the Wicking Bed Workshop
- Pathways to Recovery - desktop zen gardens
- Whitelion Chatterbox Bus - mobile crisis support and outreach
- Native plants as food
- Orange Skylight laundry van on-site
- SAPOL and MFS visit
- Animals Anonymous on site
- 35+ stalls for mental health and well-being providers
- Face painting
- BBQ lunch
- And much more!
Hosted in partnership with Uniting Communities, Playford Youth Advisory Committee, Neami National, Job Prospects, Barkuma and Pathways to Recovery.
John McVeity Centre
- Sat10AprGrowing for Gold - April 2021
Come along and try a variety of sporting and recreation activities for free through your local sporting clubs – hopefully you’ll find something you love!
- Sat 10th Apr at 10:00am - Sun 25th Apr at 11:00am
- Families, Youth, Community Organisations, Children
- Fri23AprAutumn School Holidays: Tie-Dye by Active Education
Bring a white cotton t-shirt to create colourful designs by twisting and crumpling fabric (6 - 17 years).
- Fri 23rd Apr at 10:30am - 1:00pm
- Stretton Centre Library
- See Pricing
- Families, Youth, Children