Bowden's Cottage Open Days
As part of History Month visit the historic Bowden’s Cottage, a restored settler’s cottage in the heart of the Barossa Goldfields where gold was first discovered in 1868. Discover the Barossa’s gold mining history and explore gold mining displays.
After visiting Bowden’s Cottage, venture out on the Victoria Hill Circuit (1.5 km) or one of the other hikes in the park from the Barossa Goldfields trailhead.
Bookings: This event is FREE and for further information visit Barossa Goldfields Society.
Vehicle entry to Para Wirra Conservation Park will be free during May as Parks SA and City of Playford celebrates Park of the Month.
You are not required to purchase the vehicle entry fee to enter the park.
National Parks SA is running a great location-based competition during May's Para Wirra Park of the Month! Visit the park to go in the draw to win great prizes, including:
Judge's choice prize
- $100 voucher for the Scout Outdoor Centre + 12 month vehicle entry for multiple park pass (total value $190.00)
People's choice prize
- 12 month vehicle entry for multiple park pass (total value $90.00)
Parkapiki have used GPS technology to create a virtual boundary around the park. All you need to do is visit Para Wirra Conservation Park during May and when you’re there, open the competition page on your smart-phone or tablet, fill in the form and leave a creative comment about the park.
Don't worry if your out of mobile coverage, you can enter the competition by loading a digital photo you've taken in the park when you're back in range.
Para Wirra Conservation Park
- Sat10AprGrowing for Gold - April 2021
Come along and try a variety of sporting and recreation activities for free through your local sporting clubs – hopefully you’ll find something you love!
- Sat 10th Apr at 10:00am - Sun 25th Apr at 11:00am
- Families, Youth, Community Organisations, Children
- Thu15AprPlayford Writer's Group
Are you a budding or aspiring writer ? Join the Playford Writer's Group to practice your skills with other scribblers.
- Thu 15th Apr at 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- Playford Civic Centre Library
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTIQ+, Men, Seniors, Women, Youth, Community Organisations