** BOOKED OUT ** Big Night Out at Wirra Campground
- Saturday 25th May - Sunday 26th May (2:00pm to 11:00am)
- Para Wirra Conservation Park
- Environment, Fun and Entertainment, Kids and Family, Nature, Relaxation
- Families, Men, Seniors, Women
- Business / Organisation Name: National Parks SA
- Website: Visit
** THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED** New to camping, new to Para Wirra? Then join us for the Big Night Out at Wirra Campground!
This family event will help you feel more comfortable camping in our national parks. On Saturday afternoon we’ll have a range of family activities followed by nocturnal nature adventures with the Rangers. In the morning we’ll provide a simple cooked breakfast, but for the early risers join the Rangers on a short guided walk.
What to bring:
- Tent, sleeping bag and mattress
- Waterproof jacket
- Sturdy hiking boots, preferably with ankle support
- Long trousers or shorts
- Long sleeved light cotton or similar shirt
- Warm long sleeve top for stops or if the weather is cool
- Sun hat
- Sun glasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- At least one, one liter water bottle
- Small day pack
- Lunch, snacks, fruit and nuts (and chocolate!)
Meeting point: Wirra campground, Wirra Road
Bookings: This event is free but registration is essential.
Vehicle entry to Para Wirra Conservation Park will be free during May as Parks SA and City of Playford celebrates Park of the Month.
You are not required to purchase the vehicle entry fee to enter the park.
National Parks SA is running a great location-based competition during May's Para Wirra Park of the Month! Visit the park to go in the draw to win great prizes, including:
Judge's choice prize
- $100 voucher for the Scout Outdoor Centre + 12 month vehicle entry for multiple park pass (total value $190.00)
People's choice prize
- 12 month vehicle entry for multiple park pass (total value $90.00)
Parkapiki have used GPS technology to create a virtual boundary around the park. All you need to do is visit Para Wirra Conservation Park during May and when you’re there, open the competition page on your smart-phone or tablet, fill in the form and leave a creative comment about the park.
Don't worry if your out of mobile coverage, you can enter the competition by loading a digital photo you've taken in the park when you're back in range.