Australia Day Celebrations
- Saturday 26th January at 8:00am - 12:00pm
- Fremont Park
- Arts and Culture, Community, Food & Drink, Fun and Entertainment, Kids and Family, Music, School Holidays, Social Inclusion
- Families, Men, Seniors, Women, Youth
Nothing shouts Australia Day celebrations more than the biggest FREE barbie brekky in Playford. We are bringing all those summer feel good vibes to you this Australia Day long weekend.
Feel the sand between your toes and the summer breeze on your face at Fremont Park while sitting back listening to some laid-back beats with the family.
Playford’s Australia Day festivities will celebrate our people and multicultural values, featuring local entertainment, and our Australia Day Awards will recognise the city’s heroes.
Howzat! There will be plenty for the family to see and do with rides for the daredevil in you, beach cricket to get in touch with your inner Bradman and the opportunity to get creative building your own sandcastle masterpiece.
Come on down to Fremont Park, Elizabeth – Saturday 26 January from 8am to 12noon.
1. The promoter of the “Playford Events – Australia Day Survey Promotion” is the City of Playford ABN 99 397 793 662 of 12 Bishopstone Road, Davoren Park, South Australia, 5113.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes for the City of Playford Playford Events – Australia Day Survey Promotion form part of these conditions of entry.
3. The promotional period is 4 hours and commences at 8.00am on Saturday 26 January 2019 and closes at 12pm Saturday 26 January 2019.
4. The promotion is open to residents of the City of Playford aged 15+ who enter Australia Day Survey Promotion within the promotional period.
5. City of Playford Councillors, employees, volunteers and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
6. To enter, you must submit the survey located in the Australia Day celebrations program at Fremont Park, Elizabeth.
7. There is one (1) prize to be won; a $100 Coles/Myer voucher.
8. This is a game of chance. The winners will be chosen at random from a list of survey participants.
9. In the event the submission is deemed incorrect or unsuitable or does not meet the competition terms and conditions, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw your submission from the promotion.
10. Any material submitted for publicity purposes may be reproduced at the discretion of the City of Playford (including on City of Playford websites) for promotional purposes and at no cost to Council.
11. Entries not completed in accordance with these conditions will not be eligible to win. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
12. The prize draw will take place on 29 January by 5.00pm. Winners will be contacted after 12pm on 30 January via contact details provided in survey.
13. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. By participating in the promotion, participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this promotion. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the entrant agrees to abide by these rules.
15. City of Playford will not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained during the course of the promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law
16. City of Playford is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this competition.
17. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures of any other causes beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, City of Playford reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition if there is any interruption outside of City of Playford’s control and to disqualify any individual who interferes with the entry process.
18. The Entrant agrees that City of Playford and its related bodies may send the Entrant commercial electronic messages concerning any information, promotions, products or services of City of Playford, and its related bodies.
19. The prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash.
20. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not accept the prize at the time stipulated by City of Playford then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
21. By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- Tue03AugFamily History for Beginners Course (National Family History Month)
Book into our special Family History for Beginners that will take you through the basics of learning to search your genealogy.
- Tue 3rd Aug at 9:00am - 10:30am
- Playford Civic Centre Library
- See Pricing
- Thu05AugEnglish for Work and Study- John McVeity Centre Enrolment Session
Providing skills in basic reading, writing and comprehension of workplace tasks including following instructions, completing forms, basic resumes, cover letters and applications. Perfect for those who have lower literacy skills and are currently looking for work.
- Thu 5th Aug at 9:30am - 10:30am
- John McVeity Centre
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, Men, Women, Youth, Community Organisations, People with a disability, Job seekers