Anzac Commemorations: Dawn Service
- Thursday 25th April at 6:00am - 7:00am
- Smithfield Civic Gardens and Sports Oval
- Community, History
- Families, Men, Seniors, Women, Youth, Community Organisations
The Anzac commemorations provides us with an opportunity to remember those who have fought and served in all wars, conflicts and peace operations and especially remember the more than 100,000 who have given their lives in service.
No place was unaffected by war, the City of Playford was no exception. The story of war encompasses more than those who fought, it includes those who remained behind, the women who husbands enlisted, the mothers and fathers who wondered at their son’s fate, the children who missed out of having their father, or family around.
Community members and visitors are invited to join City of Playford’s Mayor Glenn Docherty and Pastor Bryan Sellars to commemorate and pay tribute to past and present servicemen and women. Join us at 6am on 25 April for the Dawn Service at the Cross of Remembrance Memorial, Smithfield Memorial Gardens, Anderson Walk, Smithfield.
Smithfield Civic Gardens and Sports Oval
- Mon02NovGive the Gift of Reading: Book Donation Drive
Give the Gift of Reading through the Playford Library and AnglicareSA Book donation drive for those in need this Christmas.
- Mon 2nd Nov (all day) - Tue 15th Dec (all day)
- Tue03NovGenealogy Club: Journaling your history
Join us for our Genealogy Club sessions which help you get unstuck with areas of family history searches. Learn how to journal your history for future generations.
- Tue 3rd Nov at 10:00am - 11:00am
- Playford Civic Centre Library
- Men, Seniors, Women, Youth, Community Organisations