Anzac Commemorations: Dawn Service
- Thursday 25th April at 6:00am - 7:00am
- Smithfield Civic Gardens and Sports Oval
- Community, History
- Families, Men, Seniors, Women, Youth, Community Organisations
The Anzac commemorations provides us with an opportunity to remember those who have fought and served in all wars, conflicts and peace operations and especially remember the more than 100,000 who have given their lives in service.
No place was unaffected by war, the City of Playford was no exception. The story of war encompasses more than those who fought, it includes those who remained behind, the women who husbands enlisted, the mothers and fathers who wondered at their son’s fate, the children who missed out of having their father, or family around.
Community members and visitors are invited to join City of Playford’s Mayor Glenn Docherty and Pastor Bryan Sellars to commemorate and pay tribute to past and present servicemen and women. Join us at 6am on 25 April for the Dawn Service at the Cross of Remembrance Memorial, Smithfield Memorial Gardens, Anderson Walk, Smithfield.
Smithfield Civic Gardens and Sports Oval
- Wed27MayOnline National Simultaneous Storytime
Join Kath and Ellie for this Special Online Storytime for National Simultaneous Storytime.
- Wed 27th May at 11:00am - 11:30am
- Tue02JunFood Safety Training
This training covers all aspects of what EHOs look for during inspections and how food handlers can ensure they produce only safe and suitable food.
- Tue 2nd Jun at 9:30am - 12:00pm
- Playford Operations Centre
- Community Organisations