Holden Commemorative feature: Playford Palace
An iconic tribute: Playford's street art landscape
The commemorative mural pays homage to GM Holden community and its people at the Elizabeth City Centre, spanning across 40 metres of the shopping centre’s northern entrance.
Australian artist, Cam Scale, designed the artwork with support from former Holden and supply chain workers.
Scale has also had the opportunity to mentor an emerging South Australian artist, Sam Brooks, further strengthening the City’s participation and engagement in the arts.
Public Art Nearby
- Dancing figures
Two bronze dancing figures have stood in the centre of Elizabeth since 1963.
- Stop 64B Playford Blvd - West side, Elizabeth SA 5112, Australia
- Aboriginal art: Playford Palace
South Australian Aboriginal artist Scott Rathman created this mural as part of Playford Palace festivities in 2017.
- Playford Civic Centre, 10 Playford Blvd, Elizabeth SA 5112, Australia
- NSS Skate Park: Playford Palace
Adelaide-based street artist Seb Humphreys has breathed new life into a local skate park to wrap up Adelaide Fringe festivities in 2019.
- 61-63 Elizabeth Way, Elizabeth SA 5112, Australia
- NSS music-inspired feature: Sanaa Fest
Sanaa: A better world through creativity partnered with the City of Playford to complete the music-inspired mural, designed by two Nairobi artists.
- 73 Elizabeth Way, Elizabeth SA 5112, Australia