Work to build a 140-metre stormwater drain along Curtis Road from the intersection with Heaslip Road to Broadacres Drive, Angle Vale, will begin on 4 April.
Work is expected to be completed by mid-May.
Work will include digging a three to four metre deep trench along Curtis Road and installing a 2.4 metre wide concrete drain.
The road will be resealed.
Why is the project being undertaken?
- The drain aims to protect local households from flooding, including from extreme downpours and a one in a hundred-year weather event.
- The project supports City of Playford’s Strategic Plan 2020-2024 Improving safety and accessibility.
What times will work be undertaken?
- To reduce the impact on the community, some work will be undertaken during the evening as well as daytime.
- Daytime construction will be undertaken between 7am and 7pm.
- Night time works will occur from 7pm to 6am for part of the project.
Changes to traffic conditions
- Temporary changes to traffic conditions will be introduced during construction.
- These will include the temporary closure of Curtis Rd and Heaslip Rd to enable night time works.
- To safely undertake these works, temporary traffic detours and traffic management will be in place to minimise inconvenience to the local community.
- We are working closely with the contractor to minimise changes during this time and apologise of any inconvenience.
Who is undertaking the work?
- Work is being undertaken by South Australian company the BMD Group.
How is the community being kept informed?
- A letter will be delivered to households near where work is being undertaken. It will include a map showing the temporary road closures.
- The letter has been supplied to the Customer Contact Centre and can be emailed if required.
- Information is available on the City of Playford website.
- Construction company, the BMD Group, will letterbox project updates to local residents as required.
- Variable message boards have been installed at key locations.
Who can I contact for further information?
- BMD Area Manager, Kelly Brodie, 0407 462 625.
Subscribe for updates
I consent to City of Playford collecting and storing my data from this form.