The Community Inclusion Team have several exciting volunteer opportunities available to help facilitate the Friends Program.
The Friends Program provides recreation opportunities for adults with a disability. It is all about making and keeping friends, learning new skills, trying fun activities and connecting to the local community.
Having support from volunteers in the Friends Program allows funding received to be put straight into the program to provide opportunity for participants to have awesome experiences and skill development opportunities.
As an Activities Assistant – Friends Program, you will proactively engage with the participants and support staff in running activities, including fitness, craft, cooking, music and various workshops as well as regular community outings.
- Encourage and support participation in activities.
- Help create a fun and friendly environment.
- Duties as directed by the staff member and help with lunch and morning/afternoon tea.
- Participate in a team that respects each other’s ideas.
- Work within Work, Health and Safety guidelines.
What we’re looking for in volunteers
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Knowledge of appropriate activities.
- Genuine interest in working with people with intellectual disabilities.
- Reasonable level of fitness.
What you will get out of volunteering
- Develop new skills and knowledge.
- Meet new people and improve your social life.
- Get to know your community.
- Build your resume.
- Improve your mental health and wellbeing.
We are looking for volunteers who are able to offer a regular hours each week.
Various Shifts available include:
- Wednesdays & Fridays from 10am - 3pm
- Fortnightly Thursdays from 6pm - 9pm
- Saturdays from 10am – 5pm
If you are interested in this opportunity, please reach out to Cyndi Neuzerling on 8256 0598 or email: email@example.com
Other volunteer opportunities
View our other current volunteer vacancies here.