The Angle Vale Sports Centre has one of Playford’s highest community utilisation rates for a sporting facility, with over 1200 active participants. Stage 1 of The Angle Vale Sports Centre masterplan was completed and opened in 2013. Since then, the Centre has seen staged Council investment to realise the masterplan and meet local community demand for access to sport.
“Angle Vale is one of the fastest growing areas in South Australia,” said Jane Pogas, President of the Angle Vale Sports and Community Association (AVSCA).
The sporting clubs that call the complex home are some of the largest in their affiliated associations.
The AVSCA has worked closely with Council across all stages of the upgrades to ensure they meet community needs, including the recently approved fifth stage. With the current facilities at capacity, Council approved the construction of Stage 5 of the facility which includes an additional shared-use oval, additional senior soccer pitch with overlaid junior soccer pitches along with facilities to support their use, such as backstops, lighting and pathways throughout the facility.
“Stage 5 will see increased participation opportunities in football, soccer and cricket for our community,” said Jane.
“The upgrades will enhance the Centre for all users, with the facility used by the local community for socialising, walking and other recreational activities.”
Grant funding of $590,000 was received from the Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing's Grassroots Football, Cricket and Netball Facility Program.
- Shared-use oval
- Additional senior soccer pitch with overlaid junior soccer pitches
- Safety backstops behind fields of play where balls are likely to enter car parking areas or other properties
- Increased carparks
- Continuous footpath network throughout the entire facility
- Lighting for carparks and playing fields
- Fence upgrades to the Western property boundaries
- Engaging businessesPublished 16 September 2020The Stretton Centre team has spent the last five years engaging with, talking to and supporting local northern Adelaide businesses.
- Playford's next celebrity chefPublished 25 September 2020Matt Bartley has been attending the Playford Friends Group for almost three years, where he has been able to develop skills, make new friends, familiarise himself with different services available in his community, and most recently, became a star in the new Look ‘n Cook video series.