You may have noticed some changes in your registration notice this year. Read on to learn about how the changes affect your pooch’s registration.
For the first time, your dog will be categorised as either a ‘standard’ or a ‘non-standard’ dog (please don’t be concerned about the terminology, we know everyone’s dog is perfectly ‘normal!’).
Here are descriptions of the two new categories:
- A 'standard' dog categorisation refers to a dog that is both desexed and microchipped.
- The ‘non-standard’ category refers to all other dogs. For example, if your dog is microchipped but not desexed, he is a non-standard dog.
These changes anticipate the upcoming new dog registration law that will come into effect on 1 July, 2018.
From that date, it will be mandatory for all dogs over a certain age to be microchipped, and all new generations of dogs born must be desexed – otherwise fines may be imposed.
Paying your dog registration
You have several payment options when paying your dog registration: • In person at the Civic Centre (Cash, card and Basics Cards payments accepted)
- By phone – Visa Card payments on 1300 278 903 or City of Playford Customer Care on 8256 0333
- By mail – send cheque or money order to City of Playford
- Online at the Online Payments portal
If you have changes to your dog registration – ie, the dog category has overlooked a change in your dog’s status (perhaps your dog has been desexed, microchipped, or been trained at Level 2 or higher and this is not reflected as a rebate) OR you have concessions (other than permanent concessions) like Parenting Payment or Newstart, you will need to present proof of status to have your registration re-calculated.
If you’re unable to attend the Civic Centre to present proof in person, we will accept scanned/photographic evidence sent to us via e-mail:
- Scan or take a photograph with your smartphone of your registration notice with name/address and payment detail visible
- Scan or take a photograph with your smartphone of your evidence of change to registration – ie, documents which reflect your dog’s new status as microchipped/desexed/training certificate or your concession information
- Send the images via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to have your fee recalculated based on the new information
- Customer Care will sight the evidence and reassess the fee if appropriate
- Council will email the revised fee back to you
- If you need further information, or to discuss the process, please call Customer Care on 8256 0333