Nothing shouts Australia Day celebrations than the biggest FREE barby brekky in Playford.
We are bringing all those summer feel good vibes to you this Australia Day long week.
Feel the sand between your toes and the summer breeze on your face at Fremont Park while sitting back listening to some laid back beats with the family.
Come on down to Fremont Park, Elizabeth – Saturday 26 January from 8am to 12noon.
We have a big line-up for you this Australia Day with African Soul, Noises for Kids, Mr Oopy and much more.
Get a copy of the program below:
Official proceedings: Flag Raising Ceremony and Australia Day Awards
Playford’s Australia Day festivities will celebrate our people and multicultural values featuring local entertainment and our Australia Day Awards recognising the City’s heroes.
The Flag Raising Ceremony accompanied by a live rendition of the Australian National Anthem will occur at 8am.
The Playford Citizen of the Year Award winners will be announced as part of formalities at approximately 10am.
There will be plenty for the family to see and do with rides for the daredevil in you, beach cricket to get in touch with your inner Bradman and the opportunity to get creative building your own sandcastle masterpiece.
There will also be activities for the kids with face-painting, balloon-making, air-brushing, bubbles, building sand castles and more!
Frequently Asked Questions
- The event is located within Fremont Park on Yorktown Road, Elizabeth. Please refer to map.
- Public transport is also available. To map your journey to Fremont Park visit: https://adelaidemetro.com.au/
- There are carparks available in Fremont Park, Yorktown and Ifould Roads, and other surrounding streets
- We encourage you to use the multi-deck Windsor Carpark located on the corner Philip Highway and Main North Road in the Playford CBD. Open hours are between 6am and 10.30pm Monday to Friday, and open until 11.30pm on weekends. On weekends the first four hours are free, with the fifth hour costing $2 and costing approximately $1 per hour after that.
- Free activities include: BBQ breakfast, entertainment, kids activities and rides
- Some of our market stalls will have the following items for purchase: souvenirs, drinks, ice-cream, snow cones and art
- 200kgs of bacon (GF)
- 3,000 free-range eggs (V)
- 45kgs of mushrooms (V, GF)
- 180 loaves of bread (V)
- 1,500 fruit salads (V, GF)
- You encouraged to bring your own chairs, picnic blankets, drinks and snacks
- Make sure you bring sun protective wear and slip, slop, slap and slide
- This is a family-friendly event, with no pets or alcohol allowed.