As of July 1, City of Playford residents can access two free at-call hard-waste rubbish pick-ups per financial year (July to June).
The enhanced service for the disposal of hard-waste items, such as no-longer-wanted whitegoods and household-furniture items, means Playford residents will have more choice than ever when disposing of their rubbish.
The increased service option replaces the former program that allowed access to one pick-up per year via scheduled services for Playford residents.
The new service is being provided following a campaign that has reduced illegal dumping across the City of Playford, meaning $80,000 previously directed to this area can be diverted.
From 1 July, 2018 residents can:
- Request a household collection at any time of year, or (if time is pressing) use a voucher to drop hard waste off at the NAWMA Resource Recovery Station (transfer station) at Edinburgh North
- Access two collections by NAWMA, or vouchers, per financial year
Council has worked with waste contractor NAWMA to bring about the change following community requests for greater flexibility and more access to the hard-waste service.
Items suitable for hard-waste collection include (but are not limited to):
- Whitegoods: refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, dishwashers
- Household Furniture: chairs, beds, mattresses
- Domestic Household Items: toys, bikes
- Electronics: computers, TVs, power tools
Please be aware that home collections may take four to six weeks from the time of booking, particularly during the transitional period.
Also note the change of service means residents no longer need to wait for the suburb by suburb collection.
To book your hard-waste collection, contact NAWMA on 1800 111 004.