After months of speculation, it can be confirmed that European supermarket giant Kaufland is coming to the City of Playford.The German retailer currently has a proposal to build a supermarket and three supporting tenancies at Munno Para before the State Commission Assessment Panel.
Located at the former Munno Para Bowling Club site on Mingari Street, the development is costed at $24 million. READ: Bowls club redeveloped - biggest in southern hemisphere It is just one of many major private investment developments slated for Playford.
- Drakes Supermarkets distribution centre at Edinburgh North ($80m)
- ACH Healthia health precinct at Elizabeth South ($80m)
- 4.5 star hotel at Elizabeth ($50m)
- Playford Arena ice sports and entertainment facility at Elizabeth ($40m)
- Treasury Wines expansion at Penfield ($28m)
- Kaufland Supermarket at Munno Para ($24m)
- Playford Medical Hub at Elizabeth ($12m)
- SAFCOL expansion at Elizabeth South ($10m)
Meanwhile, more than 1350 development approvals, everything from glasshouses to petrol stations and supermarkets, have been granted in Playford in 2018/19, with a further 75 projects pending.
Playford has become a magnet for investment, with $292 million in development already approved for the current financial year, outstripping the previous financial year by $100 million.
For more information about the SA’s Next Great City development, visit: playfordsmartcity.com.au