- Celebration of Ability - Mission: Is Possible
Celebration of Ability is a ticketed event held annually in December as part of International Day of People with Disability. The theme this year is Mission: Is Possible which focuses on assistive technology and how it promotes independence and enables people to participate in community and daily life.
Book your tickets now
This year, the Mayoral Awards recognise the valuable contributions of those within Playford who are supporting people with a disability in the Playford community.
The award categories are:
- Personal development: The Celebration of Ability’s premiere award, recognising an individual with disability who, through exceptional effort and outstanding achievement, has improved outcomes for people with disability in the Playford area.
- Business/Employment/Education: Recognises a business/employer who is making a positive contribution to the recruitment and employment of people with disability or an education/training provider who is utilising innovative approaches to facilitate lifelong learning opportunities for people with a disability in the Playford area.
- Sports/Recreation/Arts: Recognises the inclusive design or practices of a team, club, sporting event, recreation facility or recognising individual or group achievements in the Arts in the Playford area.
- Community service: Recognises excellence in delivering positive and efficient outcomes for people with disability by maximising choice and control, supporting innovation, or in providing communication and information systems that are accessible, reliable and responsive.
If you know someone who is servicing the Playford community through one of the above categories, then nominate them today!
To nominate someone, fill out the form here. Nominations close at 5pm, November 25.
Celebration of Ability event is on Friday 2 December. The awards will be presented as part of the event.
Celebration of Ability Awards Gala
Celebration of Ability – Awards Gala
- When: Friday 2 December at 7:00pm – 10:00pm
- Where: Playford Civic Centre, 10 Playford Boulevard, Elizabeth
- Topic: Mission: Is Possible
- Audience: Families, Community Organisations
- Costs: $15 ticket, $12 concession
Celebration of Ability Mission: Is Possible
Come along to Playford Civic Centre for a night of fun filled entertainment as we lift our voices in celebration of International Day of People with Disability.
The evening will include:
- The Mayoral Awards presentation
- I-caspa to perform, including sing-alongs with the whole audience
- New assistive technology demonstration and talk from Novita Tech
Tickets include finger food and light refreshments.
Tickets $15, $12 concession. For more information, call 8256 033.