Non-profit community organisations, groups and associations within the City of Playford can receive support to activate their patch through Council’s Community Development and Event Grants program.
Applications are now open with City of Playford Mayor Glenn Docherty encouraging community groups to put their best projects and events forward for funding.
“Funding like this can make a big difference to our local organisations so I urge all groups to apply,” Mayor Docherty said.
“Community-led initiatives and events contribute to building community connections and a vibrant city,” Mayor Docherty said
Through these community grants, Council aims to support and encourage community projects/events that enhance neighbourhoods and improve the lives of our residents.
With $30,500 available in this first round of grants, Community Development and Event Grants offer financial support to non-profit community organisations, local groups and associations for proposals that:
- Activate community spaces.
- Deliver innovative, creative or new opportunities for the Playford community to become involved in their local community.
- Encourage and support arts, cultural development, physical activity, health and wellbeing.
- Demonstrate collaboration between organisations and the local community and maximise community benefit.
- Develop and initiate locally based events, exhibitions and/or performances open to the whole community, which make a positive contribution to community and cultural life in the City of Playford.
Last round saw a diverse group of projects and events funded from all corners of the city including a community fun day to be held in October at Elizabeth South drop-in centre, a program of Northern Adelaide Basketball Umpires Group to grow and develop umpires in the Playford area and for the building of a new website for Munno Para Soccer City.
Applications for Round 1 of the 2023/24 Community Development and Event Grant category opened on Monday, 17 July 2023 and will close at 5pm, Friday 25 August 2023.
In-person, email or phone support is available to groups looking to submit an application. More information about the grants can be found at www.playford.sa.gov.au/grants
Subscribe for updates
I consent to City of Playford collecting and storing my data from this form.