Development Approval Process
Depending on the complexity and range of impacts, Development Applications can take many different paths.
Generally applications will take an average of six weeks to be processed if all of the relevant information has been submitted, and if we require further information from you, the process time may be extended.
As a guide, the assessment process may involve some (or all) of the following processes and can vary depending upon the type of the development:
- Lodgement = Development application submitted to Council
- Planning Assessment = Development application is assessed against the policies of Council’s Development Plan
- Referrals = Any referrals to state agencies are undertaken
- Public Notification = Notification of development application to adjoining property owners or occupiers
- Planning Decision = Decision made by Council or Council Assessment Panel
- Building Rules Assessment = Development application is assessed against the Building Code of Australia
- Development Approval
To find out what processes are required for your type of development, please contact Council’s Duty Planner on 8256 0331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The way you submit and track development applications will change from 19 March 2021
Changes to South Australia's planning system will launch on 19 March 2021. This means any application for development from this date forward within the City of Playford will need to be submitted and tracked online via PlanSA's state wide ePlanning platform.
For more information about these changes visit the PlanSA portal at plan.sa.gov.au
Should you require any general planning or building advice, please contact email@example.com