Skip to main content

Development Application Tracking

You’ll find on this page:

Track the process of your development application with ease - see the up-to-date status of your application online via Council's Track Your Application service.

Click on the link below to Track Your Application, and enter the required information - see the FAQ section below for more information on how to navigate this process. If you need help with the tracking, or have a question about the application you are tracking, contact Council's Duty Planner on 8256 0331.

How can I track my application online?

To track the progress of your development application online:

  1. Click the link below - 'Track Your Application'
  2. Select 'Application List', then click 'Next'
  3. Enter your Development Application Number, ie, 292/801/2015, then click 'Search'
  4. Click on the application number (green hyperlink) to drill down to the next screen
  5. This screen shows you the progress and current status of your application.

Development Applications Register

It is a requirement of the Development Act 1993 that a register of development applications must be kept available for public inspection, free of charge.

By visiting the South Australian Government Data Directory (Data SA) via the link below, you are able to view up-to-date records of all development applications across South Australia, and specifically those in the City of Playford.

Records listed include Development Application Number, Lodgement Date, Applicant Name, Applicant Address, Property Address and Description (nature of development), and much more, and you can search all these fields.

Pre launch web banner

The way you submit and track development applications will change from 19 March 2021

Changes to South Australia's planning system will launch on 19 March 2021. This means any application for development from this date forward within the City of Playford will need to be submitted and tracked online via PlanSA's state wide ePlanning platform.

For more information about these changes visit the PlanSA portal at

Should you require any general planning or building advice, please contact