Awareness raising information associated with gambling, providing help & support to community members affected by gambling.
Gamblers Help http://gamblershelp.org/
Through ongoing coordination, promotion, advocacy and support of Gambler's Help Services, the Council aims to minimise the harm associated with gambling in Victoria, pursuing collaborative activities to improve responses to problem gambling. The Council is built on cooperation and a common understanding of the ways the community can be affected by problem gambling, and seeks a collective, representative, and pro-active approach to the support and improvement of our services and outcomes.
Gamblers anonymous http://www.gamblersanonymous.org.au/
Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from a gambling problem. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop gambling.
Getting Past Gambling http://www.gettingpastgambling.com/
A place to come and share experiences, to find support and strength, for those of us who are putting gambling behind us and finding new exciting and happier ways to live our lives.
Getting out http://gettingout.info
"Getting Out" is aimed at enhancing the capacity of young people to make an educated transition to independent living through raising awareness of careers and employment, education, accommodation, transport, budgeting, safe partying, stress management and social activity opportunities.
Gambling Helpline- 1800 060 757
Counselling, information and referral for people who are concerned about their own, or another person's gambling
- Gambler's Help - 24-hour telephone counselling service Tel. 1800 156 789, TTY 1800 777 706
- Gamblers Anonymous - support group for people with a gambling problem Tel. (03) 9696 6108
- Your health, how does gambling become a problem? How to avoid falling into the gambling trap http://www.nsh.nsw.gov.au/hornsby/FactSheets/gamblinghow.htm
- Gambling, do you have a problem? Addressing your problem and getting help as soon as possible http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcArticles.nsf/pages/Gambling_do_you_have_a_problem?OpenDocument
- Gambling and financial Issues, Hints and tips to assist in balancing your finances, advice for getting help and assistance to deal you're your gambling. tohttp://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/BHCV2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Gambling_and_financial_issues?OpenDocument
- Break Even Gambling Counselling ServiceThe Old Rectory, 9 Mary Street, Salisbury 8256 2170 and at the Elizabeth Mission, 91 Elizabeth Way Elizabeth. 8209 5400 Provides support to individuals and families affected by gambling through the provision of therapeutic counselling, financial counselling and community education. Monday to Friday 9am- 5pm.